New Acapella Collab with my friend Chris Le Dieph! Chris used to play with me in Bandjango Collectif here in California, he and his lady had a baby and moved to Florida to be near family support! Before he moved away I wanted to record this song with him and the band SOO bad! A split screen video is next best thing!
Chris introduced me to this 1920's tune, "If You Want The Rainbow, You Must Have The Rain." Today may be one of the last rain storms in Northern California until the Autumn, and the proverb is a good one to remember in these difficult times! I hope you enjoy the song and the rain! 🌈☔️🌧🌥
Music written by Oscar Levant, with Lyrics by Billy Rose and Mort Dixon!
This is a thank you video to Beck Smith who made a generous contribution to me during this difficult time. I am so grateful that at a time when "the system" seems to be failing those who have been hit extremely hard by this crisis i.e. freelance/ self employed musicians, artists, actors, creatives (I have received no unemployment check, no stimulus, no grants I've applied for) there are generous souls out there who take it upon themselves to help! Thanks Beck!🙏🏽❤️
Specially requested: This song, "Que Sera Sera" was originally sung by Doris Day in the Alfred Hitchcock film, "The Man Who Knew Too Much"
As always, if any one is able to and would like to donate/tip, here is the way! I am in the process of setting up a patreon for those who might like to support my continued musical offerings! 😊🎙🎶
P.S. appologies fro the sub-par sound on this one, my sound capture device conked out on this take.
New collaboration with Ben Levin a fantastic and soulful Blues pianist/singer living in Cincinnati, Ohio! He popped into one of my live streams and had some great song suggestions! This song is "Since I Fell For You" by Buddy Johnson! The cool thing about this strange time, musically, is that having never met in person we can collaborate with folks all over the country/world! That is pretty exciting! Go check out some of Ben's music! https://benlevinpiano.com/ he is also live streaming regularly!
This is my first of the Acapella collaborations! It was great fun and I look forward to many more! This is a classic Django tune, Si Tu Savais, written by George Ulmer, recorded with my friend in the South Bay, Kevan Smedt! I hope you enjoy! 🎶
Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright - I have loved Dylan since I was very young, I always admired his lyrics and songwriting. This double edged song speaks to his lyrical nuance. I recently heard an amazing version of it done by Odetta. I suppose this rendition of mine was inspired by her. Moody California fog rolling in on the horizon. Virtual tips always appreciated Venmo: @Stella-Heath or Paypal.me/StellaHeath 🙏🏽🌼🌫🧡
Mon Homme is a song written by Maurice Yvain in 1920. The English translation, My Man, was popularized Billie Holiday; and I have been singing the English version of this song for a while. I just love the melody :) And now the French Version!
Recorded at the ocean during the quarantine with frollicking children in beachwood castles 😄
I loved exploring the mysterious inland seascape of Mono Lake. I have long been enamored of this song, by Jean Claude Darnal, about traveling the world by boat for some time. Alas, I thought I would sing to the seagulls of Mono Lake of ocean travel. 90% of Pacific Seagulls journey to Mono Lake to breed. I wonder where the other 10% goes. The lyrics of this song are beautifully imaginative and descriptive. If you venture over to my youtube channel, I will post the translation there. 🌾⛵️🗺
This is a tune after my own heart! I am a mountain girl through and through; I will escape "life's machinery" for "mountain greenery" any chance I get! This tune, Mountain Greenery, was written by Rogers and Hart in 1926. I heard a Kat Edmonson recording of it recently, and just had to learn it. I recorded this one really quick before the light was totally gone on the mountains and before my camera died and before I was entirely devoured by mosquitoes! ⛺️🦟🌿🏔
I fell in love with this song last Autumn. It is by Antonio Zambujo. "Guia" is the story of a long journey across many lands with love as the guide or beacon. When he finally arrives, his lover no longer wants him anymore. I recorded this song in a meadow just beside our campsite in the eastern Sierras. Such vast and dramatic landscapes! I do hope you enjoy!🏔
Rain! Been meaning to get back to making these videos; Summer has been busy with gigs, glad the first rain of Autumn gave inspiration for this quintessentially romantic tune from the 1930's! I have been researching Billie Holiday's life and music for a project I am putting together. It is so delightful to discover and rediscover old musical gems that she sang and recorded! Hope you enjoy!😊🌦️🌱