Sourdough Pie Crust
2 sticks butter
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1+ cup sourdough starter
1. Save the sourdough starter you are going to throw out when you feed your starter
2. Chill the butter sticks in the freezer
3. Add dry ingredients together, cut in the butter, or break it up by hand until the butter is about pea sized bits - work quickly so that the butter stays cold.
4. Add sourdough starter all at once and mix together by hand. If there is not enough moisture to combine all dry ingredients add a little more starter or a couple tablespoons of chilled water.
5. Wrap in saran wrap and chill in the fridge
6. Remove from fridge, cut in half, roll into a ball and roll out into crust
7. Butter pie pan, add bottom crust - filling - top crust
6+ cups blackberries
4-6 tablespoons cornstarch or flour
1/2 cup -3/4 cups sugar - don't be a hippy don't skimp on the sugar!
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 400
1. Mix all ingredients together lightly so that the blackberries don't get too mushed or juicy
2. Add atop the bottom pie crust
3. Add top crust or lattice
4. Cut and pinch the sides
5. place in the middle of the oven - 30 minutes at 400
6. place tin foil above and below pie, so crust doesn't burn and so that no drips get on the oven, reduce heat to 350 and cook 20-30 more minutes.
7. let cool
8. serve with haagen dazs vanilla ice cream